Activities at camp include:
• Arts and crafts
• Camp fires
• Zip lines
• Ropes course
• Pet therapy
• And so much more!
So what is it about Camp Erin Pittsburgh that makes it so great? We put together a top 10 list of reasons!
10. Making nicknames for the cabin groups – then shouting it during roll call!
9. All of the walking (OK, this one isn’t all that popular, but it’s healthy!)
8. The slide at the deep end of the pool.
7. The food at the Dining Hall. And no, we’re not being sarcastic…. It’s really good!
6. The luminary ceremony by the water.
5. Campfires with s’mores, hot dogs and camp songs.
4. The cabins with indoor plumbing - sometimes with hot water too!
3. Developing new friendships and bonding with others who have had similar experiences.
2. A safe place to grieve and heal.
Camp Erin Pittsburgh will be held June 9-11, 2017 at YMCA Camp Kon-O-Kwee Spencer, 30 miles north of Pittsburgh. Camp registration is free thanks to generous support from businesses, foundations and individuals. We are currently taking applications for campers. The deadline is May 15th, so spread the word about this important FREE community event!
To obtain a camper or volunteer application, visit www.camperinpittsburgh.org.
Photos from 2016 Camp Erin Pittsburgh