Since Concordia of the South Hills joined the Concordia family five years ago, we’ve seen a good bit of activity there as well:
- A 3,000 sq. ft., two-story Health Center therapy expansion was completed in May 2012
- Ground was broken for a 2,100 sq. ft. expansion to the current Multi-Purpose Room
- The Concordia of the South Hills Caring Fund was introduced for charitable care
- An annual fundraiser was put into action to benefit the Caring Fund
- Activities and our Christian presence have been expanded
- Occupancy is the highest it has ever been at the facility
Not bad for half a decade, ay?
On Friday, Oct. 24, during the weekly happy hour at the building, staff and residents celebrated the five-year anniversary of Concordia of the South Hills being a part of the Concordia family. The event included a band, a few speakers and recognition of the employees who have been with Concordia the entire time - Diane Berlingeri, Sarah Eckert, Nancy Hammel, Jean Ragozzino, Ina Silver and Deb Weiss. (Check out the photos from the party below)
And since we love tradition at Concordia, we even bought a Ficus Tree for the occasion – after all, wood is the traditional gift for five-year anniversaries.
Concordia Lutheran Ministries acquired the former Covenant at South Hills on October 26, 2009. The community consists of 126 one- and two-bedroom independent living apartments, 48 personal care, 12 memory-support, and 46 skilled nursing beds.
Check out the photos from the party below and leave a comment if you like! For more information or to schedule a visit to Concordia of the South Hills, please call 412-278-1300. You can also message us through the Contact Us form at www.concordia-southhills.org.