Instrumental activities of daily living are activities that require more complex cognitive and motor skills, including housework, preparing meals, shopping, taking medication and more. Ensuring that your senior loved one is receiving quality care in an environment suited to their needs is important when searching for the right personal care community.
Residents of personal care communities also have the added benefit of using the community’s onsite resources in addition to having access to events and activities. Personal care communities in the Concordia family offer many non-medical care services to residents, including:
- Planned daily activities and outings
- Assistance with medical appointments and transportation
- Special events
- Nutritional preparation
- Lifelong learning classes and other educational opportunities
- Wellness and exercise programs/visits
- Chaplaincy/spiritual care
In addition to the resources listed above, there are a variety of services available to personal care residents at Concordia’s personal care communities – the newest of which is a personal care expansion to Concordia at Villa St. Joseph in Baden, Pennsylvania.
Joining the rest of our personal care communities in Western PA, Concordia at Villa St. Joseph personal care has a lot to offer residents: thoughtful, caring staff members who provide high-quality care, state-of-the-art facilities, an environment designed for comfort and much more:
- Bathing and personal hygiene, with four spa rooms featuring state-of-the-art bathtubs
- Mobility assistance
- Assistance with medical care (including wound care) and medication
- Scheduling of medical appointments and transportation
- Three chef-inspired meals daily, including the preparation of special nutritional requirements or diets
- A full calendar of activities, special events and outings
- A vibrant music therapy program
- Several activity rooms
- Barber/beauty shop
- Library and lounge
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Wellness and exercise programs
- Routine indoor and outdoor maintenance
- Paid utilities, with phone service available in every room
- Secure facilities
- Emergency response system
- Chapel services, Bible studies, hymn sings
Ultimately, personal care benefits seniors by providing a safe environment where they can be properly cared for but still enjoy life and participate in the kind of social activities and entertainment that they might not be able to access at home. Their loved ones also benefit from the peace of mind that comes with knowing a senior loved one is secure and cared for in their new home, with plenty of activities to fill their days.
Finding the right personal care community for a senior loved one can be overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. For more information or to schedule a personalized visit and tour of Concordia at Villa St. Joseph, please call our Director of Admissions at 724-869-6300. For more information about personal care services offered at our locations in Western Pennsylvania, Eastern Ohio and Tampa, Florida visit the locations map on our website to find a Concordia campus near you. You can also call our headquarters at any time at 724-352-1571 or message us through our online contact form.