Our annual butterfly releases benefit our hospice mission of caring for those facing a life-limiting illness or preparing to pass into God’s Glory. Many individuals and their families are touched each year by the physical, emotional and spiritual end-of-life care our hospices provide. We help our patients by providing mindful care with purpose and dignity at the end-of-life while also providing support, guidance and compassion to grieving family and friends.
The Concordia-IRMC Butterfly Release in Indiana, Pa., distributed over 600 monarch butterflies that were picked up by participants via a drive-through arrangement in Mack Park. Participants were able to release the butterflies at the setting of their choosing and some participants opted for our team of volunteers to release on their behalf at the park.
In Amity, PA, over 130 guests released butterflies into the sky outside of the Barn at Ike’s Place during the Concordia Hospice of Washington Butterfly Release. Executive Director Mena Louies opened the event and his welcoming was followed with music by Sandy Lusco Huffman, along with blessings by Reverend Ron Cox and Pastor Linda Mankey. Children’s activities, a butterfly tree, and a bagpipe postlude by Bradley Wilson rounded out the inspirational event.
The schedules for the Good Samaritan Hospice Butterfly Releases included openings from Executive Director Roni Lucas with memorial services by Reverend Duane Voorman along with litanies of remembrance for the beloved, blessings of the butterflies and a bagpipe postlude by Matt Kearns as the butterflies were released into the sky. Kelly Tang sang stirring renditions of “Amazing Grace” and “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” at the Aug. 21 release. Good Samaritan Hospice’s two events hosted a total of 360 guests.
We sincerely thank our staff and team of volunteers who helped to make these events both special and memorable. We’d also like to thank our incredibly kind and gracious sponsors for their generous support.
Concordia-IRMC Butterfly Release Sponsors
- Partner Sponsor: Concordia Community Support Services
- Event Sponsor: Indiana Regional Medical Center
- Angel Wing Sponsor: The Reschini Group
- Monarch Sponsors: Lori Limrick-Blose, Joseph & Nancy Grillo, Norma Harmon, Mary Lewandowski, Ronald Sidmore, and Charles & Chris Kealey Thompson
- Red Admiral Sponsors: Dr. Ruiess Van Fossen Bravo, Ruth Cappo, Marion Nugent Cowan, Stanley & Betsy DeGory, Stephen & Caroline Fedor, Indiana Moose Lodge 174, Dr. & Mrs. Alex Juhasz, Tony & Jody Kuzneski, Matthew Long, Mark Arbuckle Nissan, Paula Miller & family, S & T Bank, George & Beverly Taylor and Dr. Timothy Wilson
Good Samaritan Hospice Butterfly Release Sponsors
- Butterfly Sponsor: Martik Brothers, Inc.
- Program Sponsor: Concordia Community Support Services, Heritage Valley Health System and Concordia Visiting Nurses
- Registration Sponsor: Simon Funeral Homes
- Patron Sponsor: D’Alessandro Funeral Home & Crematory Ltd
- Refreshment Sponsor: Giant Eagle
Concordia Hospice of Washington Butterfly Release Sponsors
- Gold Sponsors: Concordia Community Support Services and Washington Health Systems
- Event Sponsor: The Barn at Ike’s Place
- Bronze Sponsor: Range Resources
- Patron Sponsors: ECB Contracting, LLC and First Federal Savings & Loan Association of Greene County
Enjoy the pictures (click photo thumbnails to enlarge) and feel free to leave a comment below. For more information about what’s happening at Concordia, visit the Events & News page of our website or message us through our online Contact Form.