This year at Concordia has certainly been like no other. While we’ve experienced unprecedented challenges, we’ve been blessed to continue to provide quality care for our residents and patients, thanks to the dedication and commitment of our employees and the support of the communities we serve.
More than anything else, this year has been a testament to the Concordia family – the compassion of our staff, the commitment of our donors and communities and most importantly, the unwavering dedication of our residents, patients and their families. What sets us apart, and helped us to remain true to our mission of service, is that we truly put our faith in caring.
This year alone, our activities staff members coordinated several thousand alternative visits with residents and their families. Additionally, our home and community service employees served 23,000 patients and completed 600,000 in-home care visits – all while traveling over 6 million miles to care for others. Concordia Medical Equipment made over 6,000 deliveries to patients, and our continuum of care allowed us to serve more of God’s people.
Like everyone else, we’re looking forward to 2021 and a new year of growth and opportunities. However, we still want to take a moment to look back on some of the highlights of this year in our top 10 blog posts. Take a look in the links below! Without further ado, here are the top 10 Concordia blogs of the year:
1) Employee Appreciation Week 2020 – A Thank You Video to Our Team
2) Together Again – Siblings Living Under the Same Roof after 65 Years Apart
3) Fun Times at the 2020 Kids Fishing Days – Photos
4) Five Generations of Mothers and Daughters – One Family’s Century of Experience with Concordia
5) Grand Angels – Concordia Residents Share Their Favorite Memories as Grandparents for National Grandparents Day
6) Concordia Resident Shares Story of Time in the Army Nurse Corps During Vietnam Era in Honor of Veterans Day
7) A Heartwarming Thanksgiving Story: How Highpointe Residents are Spreading Kindness to a Thankful Community
8) Learning from Dad – A Concordia Father’s Day Story
9) Concordia Cares – Send a Smile Program
10) A Thank You to Some of Our Many Superheroes
As we look ahead to the New Year, please keep Concordia, our mission, our staff and especially those we serve in your thoughts and prayers. May God bless you and your family in 2021! For information about our services at our locations in Western Pennsylvania, Eastern Ohio and Tampa, Florida, visit the Care Levels and Services page of our website. You can also call our headquarters to learn more at 724-352-1571 or message us through our online contact form.