Today, patients are discharged from the hospital much earlier, but their recovery care-needs have not changed. Patients often need help integrating the medical treatment plan into their daily lives.
TeleHealth, provided by Concordia Visiting Nurses, can help reinforce some of the treatment plans and discharge instructions from the hospital setting.
What can a Concordia Visiting Nurses TeleHealth Monitor?
- Heart rate
- Blood pressure
- Oxygen saturation
- Eliminates unnecessary and unscheduled visits to the doctor’s office
- Breaks the cycle of emergency care and hospital re-admissions for patients with a chronic illness
- Helps the physician be more proactive in patient care, allowing for quicker adjustments to the treatment plan or medications
- Encourages patient self-management by reinforcing positive behavior and lifestyle changes
- Facilitates patient and caregiver participation to produce better, more maintainable outcomes
Individuality is one of the cornerstones of TeleHealth. The various vital sign alert limits are individually set for each person, and he/she has the option to check themselves as often as they desire, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
TeleHealth also gives concerned family members the peace of mind that a professional clinician is monitoring their loved ones on a daily basis, and communicating important information to the physician - who always has immediate access to the patient’s data. Prompt communication of abnormal results allows the physician to make subtle changes in clinical care plans before a patient’s condition deteriorates.
For more information about our services or to schedule a free consultation, please call one of our offices. You can also message us here.