Camp Erin Pittsburgh will be held June 12-14, 2020 at YMCA Camp Kon-O-Kwee Spencer, 30 miles north of Pittsburgh. Camp registration is free thanks to generous support from businesses, foundations and individuals.
If interested in sponsorship opportunities, call the Concordia Lutheran Ministries Foundation Office at 724-352-1571, ext. 8363.
Camp Erin Pittsburgh, a bereavement camp for children and teens who have lost a significant person in their life, pairs traditional summer camp activities with grief education and peer support. Click here to download a copy of our new brochure.
The camp is a partnership between Good Samaritan Hospice, The Eluna Network and YMCA Camp Kon-O-Kwee Spencer. This three-day, overnight camp provides a safe, caring environment where grieving children and adolescents (ages 6-17) can create friendships with others who understand what they’re going through.
One out of every 20 children age 15 and younger will suffer the death of one or both parents. These statistics don’t account for the number of children grieving the loss of an extended family member, friend or caregiver. At Camp Erin Pittsburgh, licensed counselors/social workers and trained volunteers help campers remember their significant person, express emotions, share their stories and develop coping skills.
Activities at camp may include:
- Arts and crafts
- Camp fires
- Zip lines
- Ropes course
- Pet therapy
- And much more
For more information, call our Camp Director at 724-869-6102 or toll free at 1-800-720-2557, or message us through the Contact Us form.
Camp Volunteers Needed
In just one weekend you can make a difference that lasts a lifetime - consider volunteering for our fun-filled, overnight camp. Whether you have three days to give as a Cabin Big Buddy or just a few hours to assist with activities, any help is appreciated.
Camp Erin Pittsburgh volunteers may:
- Serve as a Cabin Big Buddy (three-day commitment required)
- Assist with camp set-up and registration (Friday) or tear down (Sunday)
- Instruct grief activities as a Grief Activity Facilitator (previous volunteer experience at camp required)
- Serve as a Camp Nurse (RN required)
- Serve as a Clinical Point Person (Master’s level clinician required.)
- Serve as a photographer/videographer
- Serve as a logistical person to help make sure camp runs smoothly
- Serve as a pet therapy person (proof of pet therapy certification required)
For more information on requirements and how you can volunteer for Camp Erin Pittsburgh, call our Camp Director at 724-869-6102 or toll free at 1-800-720-2557. You can also message us through our Contact Us form.