Charlene Kish, CEO will also recognize and thank the family of employees on November 16 at three meetings where a slide show presentation will take them through the years and announce the 60 garden apartment expansion scheduled to begin in 2018.
A subsidiary of Concordia Lutheran Ministries acquired the Continuing Care Retirement Community on November 13, 2012.
The facility consists of 79 one- and two-bedroom independent living apartments, 22 villas, 48 assisted living and 48 skilled nursing beds.
According to CEO Charlene Kish, “We are at record numbers in each of the three service areas with near capacity.”
The organization went from losing over $2.5 million a year in 2012 to closing the 2017 fiscal year with a 6 percent profit margin. Some of the other highlights include:
• Cleveland Clinic Akron General uses CaS as part of its residency program and for medical student rotations in geriatrics
• Alzheimer’s Support group initiated
• Silver Sneakers location established
• The skilled nursing facility has achieved an overall 5-star rating on the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Nursing Home Compare website
• The healthcare facility is a Music & Memory Certified Care Facility
• Onboarding/staff orientation decreased staff turnover rates from 75 percent to 27 percent
• Electronic Medical Records system implemented
• Approximately $600,000 in capital improvements each year
• Fundraising for a Garden of Prayer