FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Shirley Freyer
Concordia Lutheran Ministries
Tel: 1-724-352-1571 x8266
Good Samaritan Hospice Hosts Holiday Grief Seminars
Cabot, PA - With the holiday season approaching, Good Samaritan Hospice, a mission of Concordia Lutheran Ministries, will offer a bereavement seminar called "Surviving the Holidays" Nov. 17 at 7 p.m. in Haven II, located at 148 Marwood Rd., Cabot.
The seminar will also be held on Dec. 1 at 7 p.m. at the Concordia Visiting Nurses office in the Northern Lights Shopping Center, Rt. 65 and State St., Baden, PA.
"Surviving the Holidays" is a DVD presentation and discussion designed not only to help someone survive the holidays, but to also find strength and healing as they walk through the deep pain of grief.
On the DVD, participants will meet Christian experts and other people who have experienced the death of a loved one. Topics include:
- Being prepared for surprising emotions that may hit over the holidays.
- What to do about traditions and other coming changes.
- How to handle holiday parties and invitations.
- How to get through awkward moments with other people.
- Where to find comfort, hope, and strength.
The seminar is free and open to the public. To register or receive more information, please call Concordia Chaplain Paul Rist at, 1.800.720.2557.