FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Shirley Freyer
Concordia Lutheran Ministries
Tel: 1-724-352-1571 x8266
Good Samaritan Hospice to Host Annual 5K Run/Walk
Cabot, PA - Good Samaritan Hospice (GSH), a mission of Concordia Lutheran Ministries, will host its 10th Annual Memorial 5K Run/Walk & 1 Mile Fun Walk on Oct. 8 at the North Park Boat House, with all proceeds benefiting GSH programs for residents facing a life-limiting illness.
The day will start with a 7:30 a.m. prayer service, followed by registration at 8:00 and the Walk at 9:00. There will also be a wellness fair from 7:45-11:00 and several gift basket drawings. Registration fees are $15 until September 30; after that the cost is $20. Participants can also register their leashed dogs for $5 each as well.
Each participant will receive an event T-shirt while supplies last. For every $50 raised by an individual or team, the participant will receive a ticket for the gift basket drawings. Awards will be given to qualifying participants in the following categories:
- Participant with Most Sponsors
- Participant with Most $ Raised
- Family/Team with Most $ Raised
- Walker Participant Prize Drawing
Top Three Runners in the following categories:
- Overall Fastest Men
- Overall Fastest Women
- Overall Fastest Children Under 16
- CLM Employee Challenge
- Fastest 3 in each age group:
- 10 and under; 11-13; 14-16; 17-19; 20-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; 70 and over (No duplication of awards with Overall Winners)
Sponsorship opportunities are currently available. For more information, to request a registration form or to inquire about sponsorship opportunities please call Director of Development Jennifer McIntire at 724.352.1571, ext. 8363.