The Bereavement Team at Good Samaritan Hospice would like the families, caregivers and friends of our patients to know that we are here to help support you as you grieve. Our program provides connection and service for up to 13 months after the death of your loved one. Grief can be an experience that feels very lonely, but with our assistance it is a journey that you do not have to walk alone.
Our program includes the follow services:
• Mailings related to grief and loss
• Phone calls from the bereavement team
• Grief groups – different locations in the communities that we serve throughout the year
• Supportive visits from the Bereavement Coordinator
• Referral information for counseling and support services in the community
• Youth Bereavement Care - Bereavement Services, from birth - 21 years of age
• Butterfly Release celebration of life (takes place in August)
• Memorial Services (take place in the spring)
Current and Upcoming Program Offerings:
Location: Highpointe at Rebecca - Card Room; 1871 Highpointe Lane, Allison Park, PA 15101 (Next to Rebecca Residence on Cedar Ridge Road)
Date: October 13 - November 17; Time: 7:00 - 8:15 p.m. (Wednesday Evenings)
Location: Good Samaritan Hospice Beaver Inpatient Unit Chapel; Heritage Valley Medical Center, 1000 Dutch Ridge Rd Tower B, 4th floor, Beaver, PA 15009
Date: October 13 – November 17; Time: 1:00 - 2:15 p.m. (Wednesday Afternoons)
Remote Grief Support Groups (via Zoom):
Date: October 8 – November 19 (Friday mornings); Time: 10:00 - 11:15 a.m.
Date: October 12 – November 23 (Tuesday evenings); Time: 7:00 - 8:15 p.m.
For more information on the Good Samaritan Hospice Bereavement Program or to register for a support group, contact Family Support Services Assistant Kerry Hettinger at 1-800-720-2551, ext. 4426 or by email at email@example.com.