The Bereavement Team at Good Samaritan Hospice would like the families, caregivers and friends of our patients to know that we are here to help support you as you grieve. Our program provides connection and service for up to 13 months after the death of your loved one. Grief can be an experience that feels very lonely, but with our assistance it is a journey that you do not have to walk alone.
Our program includes the follow services:
• Mailings related to grief and loss
• Phone calls from the bereavement team
• Grief groups – different locations in the communities that we serve throughout the year
• Supportive visits from the Bereavement Coordinator
• Referral information for counseling and support services in the community
• Camp Erin Pittsburgh - grief camp for children
• Butterfly Release celebration of life in August 2019 (click here for more info)
• Memorial Services (take place in the spring)
Current and Upcoming Program Offerings:
Beaver Grief Support Group
Dates: Every Wednesday from July 17 - August 21
Time: 1 - 2:30 p.m.
Meeting location: Hope Lutheran Church, 45 Maple Drive, Beaver, PA, 15009
To register (deadline is July 12) or for more info, call Spiritual Care Counselor Janice Campbell, OSF at 1-800-720-2557.
Allison Park (Highpointe) Grief Support Group
Dates: Every Thursday from July 11 - August 22
Time: 7 - 8:15 p.m.
Meeting location: Highpointe at Rebecca (card room), 1871 Highpointe Lane, Allison Park, PA 15101
To register (deadline is July 5) or for more info, call Bereavement Coordinator Nikki Rosswog, MSW, at 1-800-720-2557 ext. 4423.
Registration is required for the grief support groups. Each session builds on the one before it, so it’s not recommended to “drop in” to a meeting without being at the previous ones.There is no fee to participate in our bereavement programs.
For more information on the Good Samaritan Hospice Bereavement Program, contact Bereavement Coordinator Nikki Rosswog, MSW at 1-800-720-2557, ext. 4423 or by e-mail at: NRosswog@good-samaritanhospice.org.