The Bereavement Team at Good Samaritan Hospice would like the families, caregivers and friends of our patients to know that we are here to help support you as you grieve. Our program provides connection and service for up to 13 months after the death of your loved one. Grief can be an experience that feels very lonely, but with our assistance it is a journey that you do not have to walk alone.
Our program includes the follow services:
• Mailings related to grief and loss
• Phone calls from the bereavement team
• Grief groups – different locations in the communities that we serve throughout the year
• Supportive visits from the Bereavement Coordinator
• Walking Through Grief program at North Park
• Referral information for counseling and support services in the community
• Camp Erin Pittsburgh - grief camp for children
• Butterfly Release celebration of life
• Memorial Services (take place in the spring)
Current and Upcoming Program Offerings:
Highpointe Grief Support Group
Dates: Every Monday from February 11 - March 18
Time: 10 - 11:30 a.m.
Meeting location: Highpointe at Rebecca, 1871 Highpointe Lane, Allison Park, PA 15101
To register (deadline is February 8) or for more info, call Bereavement Coordinator Nikki Rosswog, MSW, at 1-800-720-2557 ext. 4423.
Beaver Grief Support Group
Dates: Every Wednesday from March 6 - April 17
Time: 1 - 2:30 p.m.
Meeting location: Hope Lutheran Church, 45 Maple Drive, Beaver, PA, 15009
To register (deadline is March 1) or for more info, call Spiritual Care Counselor Janice Campbell, OSF at 1-800-720-2557.
Registration is required for both the Beaver and the Highpointe groups. Each session builds on the one before it, so it’s not recommended to “drop in” to a meeting without being at the previous ones.There is no fee to participate in our bereavement programs.
For more information on the Good Samaritan Hospice Bereavement Program, contact Bereavement Coordinator Nikki Rosswog, MSW at 1-800-720-2557, ext. 4423 or by e-mail at: NRosswog@good-samaritanhospice.org.